Welcome to SoonerWARN!
Oklahoma's Water-Wastewater Agency Response Network, referred to as SoonerWARN, is the formalized system of "utilities helping utilities" to address mutual aid during emergency situations. The project's infrastructure will consist of a mechanism to send requests for assistance via e-mail to all SoonerWARN members and to post that request on the website. The Oklahoma Mutual Aid Law provides public utilities a mechanism to reduce bureaucratic red tape in times of emergency. In addition, a Mutual Aid Agreement is available to provide equivalent streamlined response for private utilities.
SoonerWARN will work with various industry groups and agencies linking the Oklahoma Water community including:
- The latest interactive models for security protocols to aid in continual risk assessment and updating ERPs.
- A series of continually updated boiler-plate public information and press release templates tailored to meet the latest developments and provide immediate public response.
- Quarterly regional and annual statewide meetings to bring together both significant State authorities and national interests, providing the best and latest insights to power the agencies ongoing preparedness process. These meetings will include workshops in utilizing SoonerWARN to the agencies best advantage.
- Technologies to facilitate sharing of information between members.
- Outreach - Through the existing network, and other cooperating entities, SoonerWARN will offer onsite emergency preparedness and related regulatory liaison services to requesting agencies.